Our conference page is being updated ... Final program available soon.
CLEAA's 2021 CONFERENCE
CLEAA’s annual conference provides a forum for learning specialists engaged with the Australasian legal sector to connect, explore ideas, exchange information, and showcase current thinking.
The 2021 Conference will be delivered online on Friday 15 October from 9am 'til 4.30pm AEDT.
We asked for feedback from CLEAA's members and supporters to help shape this year's conference’s content - and we’re excited about the result.
This year’s conference will feature sessions on:
- Essential Reflective Skills – The What, Why & How. A discussion with Jane Ching, Professor of Professional Legal Education at Nottingham Law School (UK); Michele Leering, Executive Director with the Community Advocacy & Legal Centre (CALC) in Ontario, Canada, and a Queen’s Faculty of Law PhD candidate on comparative legal education reform; and Rachel Spencer, Associate Professor and Director of Monash University’s Law Clinics.
- The Future Of Legal Education in the 21st Century. A presentation from Daniel Goldsworthy, Deakin University Law School.
- The Continuing Competence Debate – The Role of Regulators. A discussion with Rolf Moses, Chief Executive Officer of the Queensland Law Society and Chris Humphreys, author of the Victorian Legal Services Board + Commissioner's Report into Continuing Professional Development of Lawyers in Victoria.
- Designing Effective Training and Optimising Your L&D Budget. A discussion with Professor Blake McKimmie, University of Queensland; and Jennifer Moulder and Anita Falconer, Senior Instructional Designers, Level Up Learning.
- Getting Lawyers to Eat Their Ethics Vegetables. A look at new strategies to embed ethical learning in practice.
Who should attend?
Legal Learning & Development Specialists, Legal Educators and Researchers, Professional Development program designers; Coaches, Trainers and Private course providers.
CLEAA members represent Law Firms, Law Schools and Colleges, Legal Societies and Regulators, and private providers of training, coaching and leadership courses.
Registration for CLEAA members is AUD $129. Registration for non-members is AUD $249.
CLEAA welcomes anyone with an interest in the field of continuous legal education. Membership is only $AUD 90 per annum and you can subscribe here.
Speakers & Panelists
Check in again soon as more speakers and panelists are added... Full program available soon.