Re-imagining L&D in today’s law firm by seeing the world as learners do and driving value for the organisation
With such rapid change in law and the wider service world the need to keep pace by providing relevant skills and impactful learning opportunities to employees has never been greater – whether you are in a dedicated L&D role or have broader duties for leading people, practice management or HR, you have a box row seat in the success of the firm.
Our speaker, Cathy Kneller of Russell Kennedy, will share her experience championing employee learning in her role as L&D advisor at the firm. Join us to explore the contribution, challenges and potential business mandate of those with L&D responsibilities.
- Applying design thinking principles to consult internal clients about what learning means to them, learning priorities and how best to deliver upon their needs
- Revisiting existing training programs with a focus on the learner experience and simple improvements for best results
- Expanding your influence and the impact of learning at the firm by working collaboratively, identifying business goals and responding with new solutions
- Innovating the training offer to meet the changing needs of learners and the firm’s external clients
- Strategies for working effectively in a challenging L&D role and successfully delivering the outcomes you’re passionate about
Cathy is an experienced learning and development professional with over 15 years experience and has worked overseas and in Australia across a broad number of industry sectors. These include financial services, energy, recruitment and professional services.
Cathy is passionate about demonstrating how learning and development is key to achieving great business outcomes and retaining and motivating staff.
Cathy currently manages the learning and development activities at Russell Kennedy Lawyers.
When 12.30 – 2.00pm, Thursday 28 September
Where: College of Law (Melbourne), 459 Little Collins St, Melbourne VIC 3000
Lunch will be provided. Please bring along a colleague or friend.
Please RSVP by email to Carl White by Monday, 25 September 2017 and let us know of any dietary requirements you may have.