CLEAA Conference 17-19 October 2018, Brisbane
Be in Brisbane, learn, become an influencer, connect!
With balmy Brisbane as its 2018 backdrop, CLEAA is excited to announce full conference details below. Attractive and affordable partnered accommodation details are now available. Why not bring the family up and stay on for the weekend?
Whether you are looking for inspiration, professional enhancement or simply to refresh your mind, body and soul ... take a look at what CLEAA can offer you with its two-day 2018 National Conference.
As always, the conference will offer more than the sum of its sessions. CLEAA Conferences provide delegates with a unique opportunity to connect, collaborate and form rewarding career-long relationships with others who have similar interests and role functions. This is commonly cited as one of the greatest value-adds at CLEAA National Conferences.
The Conference: Thursday 18 - Friday 19 October
Queensland Law Society
179 Ann St, Brisbane
CLEAA's Conference Program now available!
- Keynote Address: Exploring Alignments Between Continuing Professional Education and Practice-based Learning in the Legal Sector
- Micro-credentialing, Badges and New Models of CLE: Opportunities for Collaboration Between Universities, CLE Providers and Learners
- Leadership Through Coaching and Mentoring: A Leadership Coaching Conversation
- Competencies of Professional Development Professionals in the Spotlight
- Wake up and Learn: How to Present Truly Effective CPD (Workshop)
- Working with and Evaluating Trainers: Tips and Traps
- Round the Room Regulatory Wrap Up
- How Lawyers Like to Learn: Current Practice and Emerging Trends
- Technology and Delivery Options for Creating Engaging and Efficient eLearning-based Professional Development
- Creating Meaningful Learning Outcomes: Cross-Profession Panel
- Optimising Our Wellbeing by What We Do
- Keynote: Dr Stephen Billett, Professor of Adult and Vocational Education School of Education and Professional Studies, Griffith University
- Dr Shahina Braganza, former Director of Clinical Training, Gold Coast Hospital
- Xanthe Cushing, Manager, Continuing Professional Development, Bar Association of Queensland
- Peter Cutforth, Director, Urban Global
- Dr Fran Finn, Leadership Coaching Hub. QUT Leadership Coach and Course Coordinator, Executive Graduate Certificate in Business (Leadership through Coaching and Mentoring) QUT
- Jennifer Flynn, CEO, Principia Assessments, Alberta, Canada
- Professor Nick James, Executive Dean, Faculty of Law and Director, Bond
- Centre for Professional Legal Education
- Graham Jobling, Executive Director, College of Law South Australia
- Jacqui Lynagh, Educational Designer, TC Beirne School of Law, University of Queensland
- Professor Patrick Parkinson, Academic Dean and Head of School, TC Beirne School of Law, University of Queensland
- Andrew MacDonell, Associate Director, BDO and Color Accounting Partner
- Dr Chantal Morton, University of Melbourne Law School
- Ben Richards, Trainer and Facilitator, Principal, Aticus
- Florence Thum, Executive Trainer & Psychotherapist, Transfigure
- Natalie Wieland, Director CPD Interactive and Founder, VidVersity
View the Full Program here:
Pre-conference Drinks: Wednesday 17 October
Re-group or make new CPD contacts and friends at the beautiful roof top venue
at the College of Law, 140 Ann Street, Brisbane from 5:30 pm.
The Conference Dinner: Thursday 18 October
Relax at dinner after a full day of learning at Blackbird Bar & Grill, Riverside Centre, 123 Eagle Street, Brisbane at 7.00 pm
Who should come?
Learning and development providers working with legal firms
Providers of legal professional development
Legal project managers
CPD program specialists, trainers and conference producers
Providers of online education
Marketing professionals working in the CPD area
... anyone with an interest in continuing professional development for lawyers!
Standard Registration: $395*
Current Members: $3201
Conference Dinner: $100
(*includes membership of CLEAA for this financial year)
(1active CLEAA members of this financial year)
Approx 2 min walk to venue. CLEAA has negotiated a special conference rate of $135 pn subject to availability.
When booking online use the code CLEAA18M or ring 07-3229 9111 to book, quoting CLEAA Conference Rate.
Approx 2 min walk to venue. CLEAA has negotiated a special conference rate of $160 pn subject to availability.
When booking online use the code CLEAA18 or ring 07-3229 9111 to book, quoting CLEAA Conference Rate.