Frequently Asked Questions
Where is my CLEAA account information?
1) Use the Login link in the blue bar at the top of our website
2) Once logged in you should see your name above a dropdown menu at the top right of our website.
Membership – an overview of current or expired memberships
If you don't see any previous memberships, you need to renew.
Account – your account profile (please check these are up-to-date)
Billing – credit card payment details
Members – for Primary Membership holders
Renew – Select your type of membership* - Individual (remains with the individual) or Primary (remains with the organisation).
*If you made the wrong selection, please contact us for assistance.
What is my Membership status?
To check your membership status, please login and view details via the tabs on your membership dashboard.
If you can't login, please search your email inbox for any past membership emails, noting that you may be subscribed to our newsletter but not have ever had a membership subscription.
Reset your password using the email address we sent correspondence to as your username. If you have a lapsed CLEAA account, a password reset email will be sent to you to help you login and see your account details.
How do I login?
1) Click the Login link in the blue bar at the top of our website or use the login form on this page (if you can't see it, you are already logged in).
2) Enter your username OR your email address.
Your username can be your name OR your email address. If your email is recognised by our system your username will be viewable in your password reset email.
3) Enter your password.
Don't remember your password? Click the Forgot Password link and follow the prompts.
If you have never logged in and/or can't remember what your username is, please contact us for assistance.
What's my account username?
Your account's username is displayed at the top of your membership dashboard once you login.
If you can't remember it, you can use the email you registered with as your username to login and/or reset your password. Or try searching your inbox for previous emails from our website.
If you can't find your username or remember which email you use to login, please contact us for assistance.
How do I reset my Password?
1) Click the Login link at the top of our website.
2) Click on the Forgot Password link.
Enter your username OR the email address that receives CLEAA emails* and click 'Get New Password'.
(*Run an email inbox search for: @cleaa.asn.au)
3) You will receive an email with the subject: [CLEAA] Password Reset.
Click the email link to reset your password.
If you can’t find it, please try an email inbox search or look in your Spam folder.
We recommend adding CLEAA's emails (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org) to your inbox address book to help avoid our emails ending up in your spam folder)
4) A new screen will open in your default web browser.
Enter a password.
(8+ characters are recommended – lower/upper case letters, numbers and punctuation marks).
Copy this down somewhere safe and click Reset Password.
5) You will be prompted to login again with your username and the password you just set.
If you are logging in on your own devices, using the 'Remember Me' checkbox will store your details in your browser for speedy returns.
How do I renew my CLEAA Membership?
1) Login to your account (via the link at the top of our website).
2) Your most recent membership will be listed under the Membership tab. If this has expired, click RENEW HERE at the top of the page.
The membership renewal form will open. As your details are saved in our database you will only need to choose your membership type: INDIVIDUAL or PRIMARY.
If you choose Primary, enter the number of memberships you require for your organisation at this time, your organisation's name and location. You will be able to allocate members of your team to these later from the 'Members' tab on your dashboard.
4) Fill in your credit card details then click 'Register' to submit payment.
5) A payment confirmation email and a membership activation email will be sent as soon as the transaction is complete. If you don't see it please check your email spam folders or do a search for "@stripe.com" or "@cleaa.asn.au"
Your renewed membership will be reflected on the Membership tab of your Member Dashboard.
What is Auto-renew and how does this work?
If you check the Auto-renew box on your registration form your CLEAA membership payment will be renewed each year until cancelled.
You will receive email notifications 1 month and 1 week prior to the date of renewal.
If your credit card expires before this time you will receive an email asking you to update these details, which can be done via the Billing tab.
You can cancel this at any time if you do not wish to continue by contacting CLEAA.
When will my Annual CLEAA Membership expire?
Unlike previous years, from July 1, 2021, all CLEAA memberships expire 12 months from the date of payment.
When your membership is close to expiring you will receive 3 email reminder notifications; 1 month prior, 1 week and on the day of expiry.
If you selected auto-renew, you will receive 2 email reminder notifications; 1 month prior, 1 week and on the day of expiry.
If your credit card expires before this time you will receive an email asking you to update these details, which can be done on the Billing tab.
Note: If you were added by your organisation as a Primary Group member, you won't see any payment details or dates on your account.
Can I get a Tax Invoice Receipt for my payment?
If you made a payment, you will find a record of it under 'View Receipt' in your Membership tab.
You should also have received a payment receipt email confirmation from our secure payment processor Stripe.com
Note: If you membership has been paid by your organisation you won't see any payment details here.
Why aren't my full contact details on my invoice receipt?
All of your account contact information is managed in the Account tab of your Member Dashboard.
If any fields are missing data please check and correct them.
These details will appear on your Invoice Receipts as soon as you add and save them so please keep them up to date.
Fields marked with an asterisk* are displayed in the members-only Member Directory section of our website. If you don't wish to display some of these fields and they are not required, you can leave them blank.
Adding additional members to your Primary Membership
Step 1: Pay for the number of members, or seats, (including yourself as the owner) you require.
If you need to add more member seats than you purchased at checkout, please contact CLEAA.
Step 2: Add the member's names from your CLEAA dashboard ‘Manage Members’ tab.
1) Select Manage Members.
2) In the Add Members section, enter each member's first and last name plus their email then click Add Member.
Optional: Choose whether you want to notify members with an email invitation (below) or just add them straight away without waiting for them to receive and click the link in an email.
If sent the email, this will allow them to confirm their new membership, set their own password and login to their account.
*No email notification? Have them check their email spam folders or do a search for "email@example.com" with subject "Invitation from CLEAA to join [your organisation's name] Primary Membership".
NOTE: To add them immediately without waiting for them to click and confirm via email check the checkbox prior to the Add Member button.
Primary Membership > Manage members
The Primary Membership 'Owner'– or any member you have made 'Admin'– can manage your organisation group members via the following links;
- Remove from Group - removes the member from the group, freeing up a seat.
- Set as Admin - promotes the member to the 'admin' role.
- Set as Member - demotes an admin to the 'member' role, or promotes an 'invited' user to the 'member' role (bypassing the normal invitation process).
- Resend Invite - resends the invitation email to a member that has not yet accepted.
For more on member roles see the next FAQ on Member roles >
Primary Membership > Member roles
Your organisation's membership remain with you as the Primary Membership 'Owner'. If people on your team change, you can remove and add new members accordingly.
The owner of the Primary Membership. The person who registers for a Primary Membership creates the group and becomes the owner. This owner is in charge of managing billing, renewing the membership (if applicable), and has permission to edit the membership group details and manage members. A Primary Membership group can only have one owner.
Admins are assigned by group Owners. Admins do not have access to billing details, but they do have permission to view group details and add/remove members.
Members are invited by the owner or an admin. Members do not have access to view group details or see information about other members.
Potential members that have been invited to join the group but have not yet accepted their invitation.
I selected the wrong membership, how do I change this?
If you chose an Individual instead of a Primary membership, or vice versa, please contact us and we will amend this for you as soon as possible.
Technical difficulties– nothing seems to work?
If you experience issues, it may be your browser or device. Try switching to one of the latest versions of the major browsers here. Or close the tab/restart your device.
Find out your current browser version is UpdateMyBrowser.org
* A note about Internet Explorer: Since 2016, Internet Explorer 10, 9, 8 and 7 are no longer supported by Microsoft. If you are using one of these older versions of Internet Explorer we highly recommend you follow this advice on how to switch to Microsoft Edge or another recommended browser for safer online browsing.
I'm still experiencing issues. What should I do?
If you are still experiencing issues, it may be a problem with your connection.
Common issues can be resolved by completing one or more of the following:
- close all open browsers and open a new browser;
- log in directly through https://cleaa.asn.au/login/
(don't use favourites or bookmarked sites), or
- clear your cache/cookies.